For businesses that are afraid to try pay-per-click advertising, our online marketing specialist at Arpi Design discusses reasons why it’s worth investing in.
Pay-per-click advertising is one of the most effective methods for ranking in search engine results pages. Utilizing PPC alongside search engine optimization can put you ahead of your competition, resulting in more real estate for your website. Since competition for visibility in search engine results is intense, it’s vital to employ all the tools ready at your fingertips to attract customers to your website.
If you’re not sure about how PPC will benefit your business (even if it’s a successful one) or just haven’t had enough information in the past to make an informed decision, allow us to guide you towards the right decision.
PPC Drives Revenue
Let’s consider the benefits of pay-per-click advertising. If you’ve focused your energies on organic SEO until now, you can include PPC as a part of your marketing strategy because it can have a positive impact on organic click-through rates.
Big brands and companies also have a presence in search engine results by using PPC, so it’s not just for start-up businesses looking to attract customers. According to the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), search ads accounted for $9.1 billion, or 39 percent, of the total internet advertising revenue for the first half of 2014. When including mobile-related search revenue, search ads totaled $11.8 billion in revenue.
5 Practical Reasons You Should Consider PPC Marketing
After considering the positive statistics PPC has for search ads, you can also consider the benefits of PPC advertising in general. PPC offers visibility and control in your internet marketing efforts. The simple nature of PPC puts you in control of driving traffic to your site more so than other forms of advertising and marketing. When done right, the benefits of pay-per-click advertising outweigh the risks.
Let’s take a look at the specifics regarding why PPC marketing is worth investing in:
- You don’t pay unless an interested person clicks. One of the main reasons PPC is so simple is because you know exactly where your money is going. You pay only when an interested person clicks on your ad. This is different than traditional advertising offline, where you pay upfront and hope your target customer engages with the ad.
- You control costs by setting your budget. One financial benefit of pay-per-click advertising is that you set the budget according to your needs. You can even put a cap on your daily budget which can be adjusted at any time. This doesn’t mean that you should expect to see immediate results with a limited budget; the results are relative to the competitiveness of the keyword and the industry. (You can learn more about setting budget in Google AdWords.
- You can reach your target constumer at the right time with the right ad. Want to target a potential customer in a specific place at a specific time of day with a specific ad? It can be done with pay-per-click advertising! With PPC’s location targeting, delivery options, and device-specific preferences (like mobile), you can deliver very specific advertisements to your target customer at the best time.
- Unlike Organic SEO, PPC can get quick results. For long-term website marketing, organic search engine optimization is essential, but it has a longer cycle than PPC to show ROI (return on investment). PPC gives you fast results when you need it most. For example, if you were to launch a PPC campaign today, you could start seeing results in terms of traffic and conversions tomorrow (obviously depending on a variety of factors).
- PPC data can inform your other marketing channels. Does your search engine optimization (SEO) team want to know if a specific keyword is converting well? PPC data can show them. You can also test the waters with new products or ads using PPC in order to gauge demand and get an early look at its reception.
3 Things To Watch For If You’re Just Starting PPC
If you think you’re ready to dive into PPC, here are some points to consider before you start:
- PPC is not easy. An effective PPC campaign takes skill and strategy including a thorough understanding of the advertising platforms, a solid knowledge of rules and guidelines, marketing sense, and creativity. For these reasons you should not trust just anyone to take care of your internet marketing needs. At Arpi Design studios we work hard for your business, keeping in mind your needs and objectives.
- PPC is collaborative. As much as you might like to hand it all over to the PPC professional and never have to look at the pay-per-click data again, true PPC strategy comes with collaboration. You are the expert of your business; your PPC professional is the expert of PPC. At Arpi Design studios we can collaborate with you to come up with ways to execute on any goals you may have for the business.
- PPC is ongoing. When PPC is done correctly, you make a nice return on your investment. Even when your business is thriving, PPC can continue to drive revenue as well as be a support system for specific events in the life of your business. Are you launching a new website? PPC is there. Are you adding a new product or service? PPC can help. Are you creating a new brand or image for your business? Look to PPC. For this reason, look for a long-term internet marketing professional when you’re ready to dive into PPC.
As you can see, PPC is an essential marketing channel for your business. At Arpi Design, our designers and developers are ready to help you grow your business with you.