The task of searching for the best website SEO marketing companies in Los Angeles for your business or company can be daunting. If you start with a simple Google search for SEO in your local area, you will come up with a list of dozens of website SEO marketing companies. Once you start contacting each one, you will find that each company will make promises that they can deliver for your specific business and get you ranked on the first page of Google natural search.
The truth is, some website SEO marketing companies can deliver while others cannot. How can you begin to weed out the best website SEO marketing companies for your own website and business?
There are many misconceptions about website SEO marketing companies that should be cleared up before you even begin your search:
- If a website SEO marketing company has a great website, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re a good SEO company to work with. If you’re looking to have your website designed in addition to SEO, then you will want to look at the design of the company’s website. This is simply because some excellent website SEO marketing companies in Los Angeles don’t have flashy, cool-looking websites.
- If a website SEO marketing firm ranks #1 in your Google search for your area, it doesn’t mean they’re the best company for the job. It could be because the company is very old, or they have an old domain that’s been in use for years, and they don’t do a terrible job with SEO. Ranking high doesn’t necessarily translate to a company that does a better job than the fifty other companies listed after it.
- If website SEO marketing companies have hundreds of employees and look very successful, it doesn’t necessarily mean that good SEO is what got them there. They might be successful because of partnerships, international business ventures, or investments. Yes, they might actually be great at SEO, but don’t be fooled into thinking they MUST be great if they’re big.
Need to Find the Best Website SEO Marketing Companies in Los Angeles?
In your search for great website SEO marketing companies, try to stick to some essential rules:
- Know What You Need. Sort out what you need from the SEO company. It could be ongoing SEO management, PPC management, link building, content marketing, reputation management, preparation for an SEO audit, etc. Not sure what you need? Think about what you want out of your website. Do you want to grow sales over the next year? Do you want to increase sales conversion rates? Do you want to increase the number of unique monthly visitors to your page? Once you have a goal in mind, you can focus on it during communications with your SEO company of choice. You will also be able to assess whether or not the company you work with was able to meet the set goal successfully.
- Meet With Different Companies. Once you know what you want in terms of SEO for your business, contact a few website SEO marketing companies in Los Angeles instead of just going for the first one you feel comfortable with. Contact companies that are qualified for the job and ask them for a consultation. This may take a few days as some companies do research in your specific industry and business needs prior to providing a quote. You might also want to think twice about telling the companies that you’re shopping around or that you’ve been “offered a better price” for the same services, because the best SEO firms won’t need to fight for your business in the first place.
- Gather References. It is easy for any company to make promises to its clients. The real question is whether or not their references and portfolio can support their claims. What you need is for website SEO marketing companies in Los Angeles to show you that they have been successful before with other clients in your same situation. If the SEO company has been successful before with businesses in the same industry as yours, it’s an even better indicator of their ability to meet your business goals.
Knowing your goals, comparing different companies, and gathering references are the best tips to direct you to a great SEO company. There are definitely exceptions to these rules, but they provide great starting points for someone who is faced with choosing the best website SEO marketing companies in Los Angeles. Doing the research before making a decision is a decision unto itself, but it will prove to be very valuable for your business in the long run.